Monday, 9 May 2016

Setting Up The George Wood Exhibition

Throughout this last year I have gotten involved in an extra club called Motion Go. In the past few weeks we have been working towards an exhibition that would be held in the Huddersfield town centre. It was based on an exhibition of George Woods life work. In Heritage Quay you can go along and there are books after books of information that this guy has collected throughout his life. We went along and looked at some of the information he collected and used that to make animations for ourselves.

The idea of the exhibition was we were putting up 4 projectors in a shop with large windows. 3 of them to have our full animations on to be rotated constantly where the 4th projector would be a 7 minute showreel of clips from everyones work to be shown on a loop. It was an idea to inform people about the George Wood exhibition thats held in uni and to show people what it was like in the 1900's. I was mostly fascinated by the women aspect of the information he collected. So my animations are short and simple but I feel hold a lot of information that people can really relate to.

We had a giant canvas made for the shop so we could project onto it. It was amusing getting it up the stairs to go in the shop.



I took a short time-lapse of us setting up the exhibition.



Set Up Of the George Wood Exhibition from Merry Eady on Vimeo.