I started off manipulating the photo and adding in colours to give a misty and mysterious effect.
After trying to make a misty effects using colours and manipulation of tools I decided to try out a double exposure effect on the photo. I used 2 different techniques for trying out this double exposure effect. The first technique I tried out was using a stamp stool to create the effect. I made a stamp of the image of myself and laid it over the image behind. I used masking tools and such like to make the techniques effective.
The next technique it slightly different. I didn't use a paint tool stamp to create the double exposure effect, I used several masking techniques to overlay the images together. The first image using this second technique I realised that I preferred it much better than before. It kept the colours of myself much better and the contrasts. The thing that I didn't like the most is the background. It felt too plain and like it didn't properly fit the image as well as it should do.
The next image I decided to edit back in the old background to give it a more realistic setting and give it a higher quality style.
I liked the subtle tones in this design of the image. I feel that once I had taken out the frames in the background it adds a more professional feel to the end result and quality of the image. I also really like the placing of the second image in the body because it looks like the the standing statue acts like a teardrop from the eye.
To try out something different I decided to overlay the image I did to begin with, with the newer one with the double exposure effect. I thought that this worked well but it lost the building image behind too much which I thought was a little sad. So I decided to take out one of the layers from the original misty layer to see what happened.
This last experiment I did I used the last technique but altered it a little where the colours aren't as bright. I took out one of the layers within he images which I feel means you can see the building image behind better. I feel I prefer this image better than all of the others.





