Thursday, 6 November 2014

Marilyn Monroe Illustrator






















On the second week of the Adobe Creative Suite classes I used Illustrator to re-create a digital version of Marilyn Monroe.  The image I have shown is the image I was tracing to create my own drawing of Marilyn Monroe. I had the image under my drawing so that I was able to trace of the image to try and get an accurate drawing.

I drew it by using anchors to create shapes on illustrator so that I was then able to make a rough outline of her face and then hair, slowly building her face up. When I got to the eyelashes and the eyebrows I had to use a stroke so that it would make that thick curved line without having to make a shape so delicate to fill in. I really liked this way of working because it meant that I could accurately draw shapes and fill in a colour to make the image look like Marilyn Monroe. However, it was very time-consuming and I felt that I had to re-do a lot of the more detailed parts because it wasn't as easy to get them to look exactly curved in the right places and trying to make it look natural on the face.

I like to constantly see the difference between the original image and my drawing of Marilyn Monroe so that I could compare and alter the parts that I feel don't look as much like her as I would want.