Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Infographics

Mobile Infographics from Özgür Atmaca on Vimeo.

In my third lesson of motion graphics I was told to go and pick a well known fairytale and make an infographics with it. To help me get an understanding on what an infographics is before I started I researched into some videos made by other people. It's used in a way that reveals little information a bit at a time. By picking a well know fairytale it allowed me to use small information that meant when other people watched it it would still make sense. It's meant to be simple in design and information but making the design of it visually exciting.

I chose A Little Red Riding Hood because I find the story really interesting and I could easily make the design of the motion graphics a little darker than usual. Because the wolf eats Red Riding Hoods Grandmother I wanted to leave the animation on a little bit of a cliffhanger. Hence why I decided to make the entire scene slightly darker than usual.

Red Riding Hood from Merry Eady on Vimeo.

Actually the original infographics I did was based on the fairytale Alice In Wonderland but when given 30 minutes to figure out what you're going to draw in illustrator I struggled. I understand that the process we were trying to learn was also to learn how to complete short animations in a very short space of time, however I felt that this animation I did in class really wasn't acceptable and I didn't want to pass this as my final piece for the infographics lesson. I also didn't fully understand the meaning of infographics when making this as I later realised there isn't actually any information within the animation. This was another reason for me to re-do a whole new animation for this class. The Alice In Wonderland video took me half a day to create but with an extra half a day I managed to create my Little Red Riding Hood video and I feel much prouder for it.


Alice In Wonderland from Merry Eady on Vimeo.