The section we were given, was to look at the planet they had just arrived on. The concept was a digital hologram of the planet. So for research our group looked into all the different aspects of an earth hologram that would be relevant for these people at the time of arrival. So we researched into oxygen levels and soil levels. Any weather information rock information. Anything to do with the atmosphere. We looked into textures of what the planet would look like. What script would there be? We thought that there might be foreign language that they might not understand.

















After getting all the research together I decided to start with illustrator to get a design that gave me sort of the idea I was looking for when I originally imagined what the hologram was going to look like. I then later on animated it into a short 10 second clip to give me some idea as to what the outcome could look like.
Inspired By Territory from Merry Eady on Vimeo.
I really like how this test piece has come out and I feel that this short clips really works well with one of my current on going projects. I feel that instead of it looking like an earth it looks a little like a foreign alien cell instead which could fit perfectly into my current project.