Saturday, 28 March 2015

Man Skateboarding


Roto1 from Merry Eady on Vimeo.

I tried to animate using the same technique as the bouncing ball. I tried to use traditional animating but using photoshop to do this instead of drawing it all out onto paper. Instead of having 24 frames per second I did about half the amount just to make it quicker and easier for me to achieve for my first time animating using this technique. I laid a video of a guy skateboarding down on a photoshop file an then drew over frame by frame redrawing out the stick person and the surrounding around him to then finally take about the actually video and leave just the stick man. I liked this way of animating because I felt that done properly could look very effective and having a unique way of animating. If I had more time I would have more detail within the video and have it going on for longer. As much as I like the stick man I feel that I could make it look a lot better using this technique if I was using my wacom tablet.