Thursday, 19 February 2015

Rocket and Pear on Illustrator

During the lesson I created a rocket that only consisted of four shapes. The idea was to learn how to create an object using minimal layers but with multiple shape ideas. To do this I added lines to the shapes and the altered the positioning of them to give the illusion of multiple layers. I then made some of the lines dotted and others a full straight line so that there was variation with the design of the rocket. I then filled in the shape with a checkered design that I made myself, I changed the position of where it starts from so that the layout of the rocket look clean and tidy and professional. I used the same technique for the window in the middle by making multiple lines and altering the positioning so that it then created an effect that I felt was interning and in a cartooned style.

To create the pear I got an image of a pear and put it into illustrator I then used the mesh tool over the image of the pear. I changed the shape of the mesh tool so that it fitted the shape of the pear and then I started to add more connecting lines within the mesh I created which would enable me to make copy the colour of the pear and make a fairly realistic version of it. The idea is that I copied the colours within the pear and the mesh tool would mesh the colours together. Once I had done that I thought that a pear wouldn't look that smooth so I got a texture image and put that into illustrator and made it a texture layer rather than an image. I then laid it over the pear in a place that I thought complimented the pear. I feel that by doing this is made the pear look more realistic and have more depth to it.