Daniel Eatock is a designer who created the logo for big brother. Over the years he has created a varied design of the same logo representing each season. I really like how simple but yet sophisticated the design of the logo is. He has used colours and shapes to create an effective logo that represents Big Brother perfectly.
Eatock also created a manifesto for his way of working which he lives by from day to day to help him with his design work.
"'Manifesto.' is an ongoing project that leaves the final result to one side so as to focus on the creative process. It brings together under one rood the personal manifestos of some of today's smartest and most renowned international designers."
Daniel Eatock’s Conceptual Design Manifesto
- Begin with ideas
- Embrace chance
- Celebrate coincidence
- Ad-lib and make things up
- Eliminate superfluous elements
- Subvert expectation
- Make something difficult look easy
- Be first or last
- Believe complex ideas can produce simple things
- Trust the process
- Allow concepts to determine form
- Reduce material and production to their essence
- Sustain the integrity of an idea
- Propose honesty as a solution
Looking at Eatock's Manifesto I was then inspired to create my own Manifesto which would help me further with my work and how I would and could develop them further.
My Manifesto
- Always give it ago / take a chance
- Do it now
- Believe in myself
- Embrace new ideas and concepts
- Look at a problem from multiple angles
My Manifesto isn't very long but I find it hard to find good things about myself to write. I feel that by putting these down though is a good start and I can always try to add to it later.
