Thursday, 4 December 2014
InDesign Article Design
The third week in the Adobe Creative Suite classes I used InDesign to create and article page. First of all I had to set-up the page so that I was able to accurately place different parts of the article on the page to look well organised. I had to use rulers and guidelines so that I could accurately place the writing and the headline logo in places that would make the layout of the article effective and professional. I learnt how to use the master page to set lines and page numbers so that it would appear on all of the following pages I decide to use without having to re-do it on every page.
I used another InDesign document to practice different techniques and short cuts with the designing of the article. Two that I found were really interesting was drawing an object and getting the words to only fit perfectly within the object. The other was to get the writing to only go around the outside of the object of the line of the shape. I liked using this way of working because I felt that it's a different and interesting way to get a message across to the audience. Another technique I used was the get the image to fall neatly within title writing. By using these different techniques it allowed me to understand further how I can use InDesign better to create a more effective and professional design.
Adding images into the design of the article makes it looks more exciting visually to look at. Instead of dragging an image into the program I had to import the image onto the page. This is because the program needs to know where the source of the image is for it to work properly and for it to be printed out correctly. Also in InDesign you are able to cut out the background if the background is simple enough for it do be done. This allowed me to have the writing go around the shape of the images I put in, I felt that by doing this it made it look more visually exciting.

