Thursday, 27 November 2014

10 Second Video In Development


Comp 1 720p from Merry Eady on Vimeo.

This next video I did a lot of cleaning up with the images I used to make sure that the images were appearing at the correct place and on the beat of the music. These were just a few adjustments that I had to do before I went on to add another layer onto the video to add texture and excitement.

To make the images flow better when changing I used a fading technique.  By doing this you click on each layer and change the opacity to 0% and click where you want it to start to fade on the timeline layer, then click where you want it to finish fading and change the opacity to 100%. I still wanted the changing of the images to be sharp so I only faded it very slightly and for not very long so that it was a bit smoother but still have that sharp punch when it came up to the beat of the music.

When watching the video you see spots of black that appear every so often, this gave it an old film effect in the video. By making this effect I went onto a website that held short movies of film effects like lightening or and old fashioned film effect. I then downloaded the file and put it up into my project in After Effects. Once I had done this I then had to turn the video so that it would overlay over the whole 10 second film, giving it a faded look on it.